Subject: Re: pkgsrc changes.
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/24/1998 15:13:48
On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

:  - How well will these pkg tools integrate into our building process?

The SysV tools have no build process.  It depends on a prebuilt tree and:

:    What pre-requirements do they have? Is this our great chance to drop
:    PLIST? :)

It also depends on a file called "pkgmap" which is nothing more than a
glorified PLIST with even more information (file ownership and permissions,
and some other things).

IMHO, the FreeBSD system already does all of this, and quite a bit more.

Back to your regularly scheduled hiding under the sheets....

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.