Subject: Odd problem with a new 1.3.2 system...
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 06/23/1998 16:15:47
I've recently installed 1.3.2 on a fresh i386 box, and I've encountered
a bit of a problem. Using the default mutt package means installing the
ncurses package. Unfortunately, when build with ncurses, mutt consistently
gives me a message more or less like "unable to open terminal: vt100." I
don't remember the exact message, but I'll reproduce the circumstances if
it would be helpful.

The lynx package produced exactly the same problem. In both cases, I had to
modify the package to get it to work. (I couldn't get mutt to compile with
neither S-Lang nor ncurses, so I used S-Lang. I get some vaguely funky
interactions with slang, though, so I'm going to try an older mutt or some-
thing.)

Hm... Thinking about it, I don't know that I tried to run either program
outside of screen. Maybe that's an issue... There's a good possibility that
I did try mutt without screen, however, since I definitely remember wanting
to compile all my commonly-used programs before running screen... I don't
know. I'm at work now. I'll try it again once I'm home.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments