Subject: Re: LFS "smooth" syncer workaround/performance tuning addendum
To: None <tech-perform@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: tech-perform
Date: 04/01/2007 21:30:12
I forgot to mention that this seems to be especially beneficial if I'm
looking to disable write-back caching on a wd(4) device.  Data is
written in much smaller chunks, so the backlog seems to be much more
manageable.

I haven't tested this much, though.

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11