Subject: Re: PostgreSQL
To: None <>
From: Edward B. DREGER <>
List: tech-perform
Date: 02/03/2006 05:02:44
[ post/CC list trimmed just to tech-perform ]

GgL> Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:17:20 +1030
GgL> From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey

GgL> > Companies A and B each have databases running from your server.
GgL> > Company A has written flaky procedures which segfault its backends.
GgL> > (some processes disappear) Company B doesn't care - its backends
GgL> > don't share any memory with them, all is well.
GgL> This is an issue, agreed.  It doesn't seem to have bitten us (MySQL)
GgL> so far, though possibly I'm not completely informed.

I may be mistaken, but I believe that:

* Patrick may have meant binary procedures that one can load into pgqsl,

* which AFAIK MySQL actually doesn't support.  (I've not looked into
MySQL's guts for a while, so perhaps I should research before posting.)

Everquick Internet -
A division of Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. -
Phone: +1 316 794 8922 Wichita
DO NOT send mail to the following addresses: -*- -*-
Ditto for broken OOO autoresponders and foolish AV software backscatter.