Subject: Re: NetBSD 2 vs the rest with MySQL
To: Dmitri Nikulin <dnikulin@optusnet.com.au>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-perform
Date: 04/10/2005 23:10:12
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Dmitri Nikulin wrote:
> I think he invalidated himself when he said:
> "The other kernel only included the i686 definition, making it specific
> to Pentium III processors or higher."
>
> I can only assume that this is the kind of thing Hubert was talking
> about when his blog mentioned "Aaah, the joy of people who have no idea
> of what they're writing about still being bold enough to write about
> things they have no idea about."

I'd appreciate it if you would not cite me completely out of context to
support your flames. I recommend you go back and read the article about
which I wrote what you cite.

FWIW, I think Tony definitely knows a fair bit about what he's writing,
and maybe you should start think about how NetBSD could make things easier
to do what he really wanted (add cpu-specific compiler flags).

> Wow, long rant.

Indeed. If you want to start changing things for the better
-> http://www.netbsd.org/contrib/howto.html (patches preferred :)

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)