Subject: Re: more on exit performance
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-perform
Date: 11/08/2003 11:51:28
this appears to do the trick, both when waiting for a particular pid
and when waiting for any child.  when I also apply some enhancements
to the pool code (which I'll post about shortly), the fork+exit benchmark
shows linear scaling up to 8000 processes (which is as many as we can
have on i386 with the current GDT code).

-Chuck