Subject: Re: Please help me tune NetBSD for bulk.fefe.de/scalability/
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-perform
Date: 10/24/2003 17:02:37
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> For NetBSD, tuning isn't entirely the issue. We've found a few
> suboptimal algorithms as a result of your recent benchmarks and have
> been making alterations to our kernels to fix them. We've
> substantially improved performance in several of the benchmarks in
> recent days as a result of this.

... i.e. the first step in tuning would be to use a recently -current
(== development) version of the kernel, see
ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/current/*/i386/binary/kernel/

I don't know if all the tuning patches are already committed though...

There's a bit of tuning information at
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/tune/, but I guess there's a lot left
to be added for special network performance tuning.

 - Hubert

--
  ___ _ _  _   _        * Harddisk Image Cloning *
 / __| | || | | |           www.feyrer.de/g4u/