Subject: Re: File system performance on i386
To: Bharani Chadalavada <bharani.chadalavada@nexsi.com>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: tech-perform
Date: 02/23/2001 20:20:58
On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 04:09:55PM -0800, Bharani Chadalavada wrote:
> I am attaching the dmesg output. I am using pciide and not wdc. This brings
> to my original question. Can something be done to make the performance
> equal to/better than Linux??

I'm tuning in a little bit late here, but are we positive the performance
problem is the filesystem? Is it possible the problem is the pciide
driver?

Does NetBSD talk to the drive at the same levels of PIO and DMA?
      'Concerns about "rights" and "ownership" of domains are inappropriate.
 It is appropriate to be concerned about "responsibilities" and "service"
 to the community.' -- RFC 1591, page 4: March 1994