Subject: Re: File system performance on i386
To: None <wojtek@wojtek.from.pl>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-perform
Date: 02/23/2001 17:34:56
	Chuck could answer better than I, but I imagine that the gain from
	making metadata buffers dynamic is not significant enough to make
	it worth working on at this point. Maybe when all filesystems
	perform close to optimally under UBC and the automatic tuning
	works fully then it might be time to address the static metadata
	cache.

		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --