Subject: Re: Question about source routing
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/24/2007 15:32:45
>> Is there any possible way to do source routing(policy routing) in
>> netBSD?
> No really easy way.  You can do it using pf(4) or ipf(4), with rules
> to match the packets you care about and force their next hop.

I've written a pseudo-interface designed for making routing decisiions
based on ip_src, which is what I understand this to be asking for.

There's a version of it in ftp.rodents.montreal.qc.ca:/mouse/misc/srt/;
I'm not sure which version of NetBSD it's for.  It's definitely more
recent than 1.4T, since it talks about patching sys/conf/majors, but I
don't find anything obvious indicating whether it's for 2.0, 3.0, or
3.1 (it's unlikely but possible it's for -current, but, if so, it's for
-current a year or so old - check the files' dates).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign