Subject: Re: VPN and routing
To: Steve Pribyl <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/17/2007 14:27:43
[This really belongs on "]

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 02:08:53PM -0500, Steve Pribyl wrote:
> How do I get my netbsd box to route on the same network?
>>[netbsd box]
>                                   ^
> [via IPSEC VPN]--|
> The netbsd box is running 4.0 rc2 racoon and pf.
> How do I get the netbsd box to "listen" for vpn destine traffic, or is
> this just not the way to do it.

I'm not sure whether I understand your problem correctly:
1.) You have a bunch of machines which are connected to the network
2.) You want a NetBSD machine connected to this network to route IP packets
    to another machine using the IP address over an
    IPsec VPN link.
3.) You don't want to have to configure the other machines connected to to route packets to over the NetBSD box.

Is that your problem?

	Kind regards

Matthias Scheler