Subject: Re: How to fix packet destination address before RFC1122 dropping takes place?
To: Paulo Matias <>
From: Quentin Garnier <>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/06/2007 22:49:02

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 05:18:25PM -0300, Paulo Matias wrote:

> >I just think it would be difficult to convince anyone that such
> >a change is suitable for all.
> Sure. It's the reason I asked if there was a solution that could be
> done without changing the code.
> So I think the best solution will be to develop a little program for
> capturing the packets via bpf, modifying them, and sending them to a
> TUN interface.
> Unfortunately, changing the kernel code is not a good choice in my
> case, because I'm developing a set of scripts for helping users of
> these mobile phones under BSD and Linux, and I must make it the
> simplest possible to the end-user.
> Thanks, now I know the solution I thought about (using bpf) was not a
> hack, but the way out for doing it under BSD solid TCP/IP stack.

You might have a way through hacking on pppd;  possibly using a plug-in.
I'm not 100% sure, but it's an idea.

Quentin Garnier - -
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (NetBSD)