Subject: Re: tcpdrop vs ipv6
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/28/2007 20:06:06
christos@astron.com said:
> I don't think that this is needed since the v4 sysctl node should be
> able to handle v6.

Yes, but since seperate sysctl nodes are created, I assumed
this was on purpose.

There is some code in sysctl_net_inet_tcp_ident():
        pf = name[-3];
	[...]
	if (pf != sa[0].ss_family [...]
which enforces that the AF in the sysctl mib matches
the pf in the socket addresses. It might be sufficient to just
replace that by something like
	pf = sa[0].ss_family

> The kernel
> support for v6 is there, but I am not sure if it deals with scoped
> addresses.

The scope information is not passed to inet6_ident_core().
I've tried with my patch: global addresses work, link-local not.

best regards
Matthias

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender), Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv.
Vorsitzender)