Subject: Re: Hamachi on NetBSD?
To: Petko Bordjukov <bordjukov@gmail.com>
From: Tobias Nygren <tnn@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/27/2007 16:24:03
Petko Bordjukov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> My PC connects to the Internet via a firewall which doesn't support
> portmapping. On my Linux box I use Hamachi (http://hamachi.cc/) to
> imitate a global IP. In order for this service to function a module must
> be loaded into the Linux kernel.
>
> My question is is there a port of Hamachi for NetBSD? And if there is
> where can I find it?

It doesn't afaik give you a global IP, but one stolen
from IANA reserved address space (5.0.0.0/8 or somesuch).
The kernel module you're referring to is TUN/TAP.
We have this functionality built-in, so it's not required.
A port is not possible because hamachi is a closed-source
product, but it might run under COMPAT_LINUX.

-Tobias