Subject: Re: ifwatchd(8) problems on bge(4)
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/17/2007 21:53:55
Edgar.Fuss@bn2.maus.net (Edgar =?iso-8859-1?B?RnXf?=) writes:

>SB> I see the same problem with bge on brief tests, on -current.

>Hm, anyone round here able to tell whether this is a bug in bge?

I see the same problem. The bug is probably in the phy code,
brgphy in my case, and not in the bge driver itself.

When the interface is down, then ifwatchd sees neither carrier
nor nocarrier events until you run 'ifconfig bge0' and poll
the status.
When the interface is up, then ifwatchd sees carrier events,
and nocarrier events need to be "polled".
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de