Subject: Re: page fault in fr_checkicmp6matchingstate
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pavel@netbsd.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/17/2007 22:01:18
On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 04:25:10PM +0200, 6bone@6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my netbsd router periodically crashes with a page fault trap in
> netbsd:fr_checkicmp6matchingstate
>
> trace:
> fr_checkicmp6matchingstate(cbadaa48,0,28,cbadaa48,8)
> fr_stlookup(cbadaa48,c291fff8,cbadaa10,0,cbadaa48)
> fr_checkstate(cbadaa48,cbadaa44,cbadaa48,1,6)
> fr_check(...)
> fr_check_wrapper6(...)
> pfil_run_hooks(...)
> ip6_output(...)
> icmp6_reflect(...)
> icmp6_error(...)
> ip6_forward(...)
> ip6_input(...)

I think you have omitted the numbers after the functions in the trace. A
sample backtrace should look like:

cpu_Debugger() at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4
wskbd_translate() at netbsd:wskbd_translate+0xc4c
wskbd_input() at netbsd:wskbd_input+0xd0

also, page fault trap should print more debugging information.

Please build a kernel with makeoptions DEBUG="-g" and keep the resulting
netbsd.gdb, so that the debugging output is actually useful.

Pavel