Subject: Re: GSoC 2007
To: Sourav Pal <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Martin Husemann <email@example.com>
Date: 03/26/2007 17:59:20
On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 10:25:33AM -0500, Sourav Pal wrote:
> Before I submit the application finally, any suggestions/advises is greatly
I haven't thought about the subject too much, so some of this may
be lack of understanding on my side - but anyway, here are a few quick
- I don't think it is PCF's business to mark packets - this may just
be a misunderstanding or unclear language. The packet filter marks
packets with tags, but PCF is the one to dictacte the content of the
- A nic or other driver will then be able to interpret some mbuf tags,
and use the "right" queue for the tag internally.
- The tag-token matching does not need a grammar (AFAICT), but is only
a convention which names to use in the PF configuration so that a
nic driver can do the right things.
- I did not understand the whole /dev/pcf/<if_name> thing - I don't
think anything like that will be needed.
- There should not be a new token field in mbufs, just use m_tag(9)