Subject: Re: 802.1x AUTH?
To: Rui Paulo <>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/16/2007 13:22:05

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 04:08:05PM +0000, Rui Paulo wrote:
> On 22 Jan 2007, at 12:59, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> >Do we have anything that does 802.1x auth on wired Ethernet?
> I think wpa_supplicant can be used for wired networks too.

Yes, that looks to be the case.  However, the 'wired' driver
is not built as part of the wpa_supplicant in the base system.

I'll be getting a switch that can do 802.1x soon, and I already
do 802.11i/WPA2-Enterprise with wireless, so i plan on testing
this hack i made to get the wired driver to not error:

in wpa_driver_wired_multi() after the FreeBSD bit:

#ifdef __NetBSD__
                os_memcpy(ifr.ifr_addr.sa_data, addr, ETH_ALEN);

this was culled from some mopd(8) utility functions.

Also, are there any plans to update the wpa_supplicant in base?

	Jonathan Kollasch

Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (NetBSD)