Subject: overwriting default route error
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Cliff Wright <cliff@snipe444.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/28/2007 12:42:47
On my laptop I use both the bce, and ath network interfaces with
dhcp enabled. This causes the /sbin/dhcp-script to run, first setting
a default route from the bce interface, then from the ath interface.
The script does not delete the first default route before setting
the next one. this causes a problem. If I do a get route xxx,
the local address is set to default, and indeed if I do a ping to
xxx the source address is set to 0.0.0.0 (which results in a failed
ping). As a work around I modified the script to first delete a
default route before setting a new one. However I am thinking this
could be a kernel bug. Should the kernel really expect a user space
program/script to delete the default route before setting a new one?
	Cliff