Subject: Re: nfe(4) hardware checksum support
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/04/2007 05:31:49
--EAobzQkPx7MtZmCP

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 12:46:27PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> jmarin@embedtronics.fi wrote:
>=20
> > I applied the patch today and built a new kernel from the -current sour=
ces
> > of today.  Unfortunately, the patch doesn't seem to fix the problem.
> > When accessing two NFS servers simultaneously, packet reception stops
> > every now and then for about 30 seconds at a time.
>=20
> Hmm, I'm afraid it's difficult to debug it only by code inspection,
> but could you check which TX or RX could cause problem (by ttcp etc.)
> and interrupt/network statistics during stall (by vmstat -i or
> netstat -i etc.)?

RX is definitely the problem.  When I experience such stalls (which seem
to happen as soon as a high packet rate comes in), I can still see
packets coming out through nfe.  I don't remember if I checked with
tcpdump, but pinging the broadcast address does blink the whole switch,
so I'm quite positive.

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--EAobzQkPx7MtZmCP

--EAobzQkPx7MtZmCP--