Subject: Re: i82573E wm(4) trouble
To: Thomas E. Spanjaard <tgen@netphreax.net>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/28/2007 08:32:22
On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 01:07:23PM +0000, Thomas E. Spanjaard wrote:
> Vlad GURDIGA wrote:
> >inet 89.34.248.77/24
>
> Make that `inet 89.34.248.77 prefixlen 24`.

Uh, what?  The syntax Vlad used was just fine.

Vlad: do you have any better luck if you set the media type and duplex
by hand instead of letting the device autoconfigure?  I am not sure we
talk to the PHY on the 82573 correctly -- until recently, there weren't
many out there in the marketplace and they're pretty buggy (for example,
jumbo frame support is totally broken) so the usual suspects for hacking
the NetBSD wm driver, most of whom care mostly about servers, haven't
paid much attention to it.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon	                               tls@rek.tjls.com
  "All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all