Subject: network i/o errors in 3.1 ?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas_Hallmann <hallmann@ahatec.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/26/2007 09:06:33
Hi,
 I upgraded my netbsd-network to 3.1.
Since then I see network input and output errors on my 10MBit/simplex lance ethernet interfaces.
100MBit full duplex hme's are working without input or output errors.
Unfortunatelly I additionally added a 3com superstack 3300 switch, replacing it's predecessor which has stopped working durring the upgrade.

I'm unshure how to interpret this.
What are input/output errors? Yes my question is that basic.
I have a clear figure of colisions, but I don't what is counted by the other counters.
It is said, that output errors indicate an interface going bad, but it is unlikely that all my suns le0 divices are going bad at the same time.

Any Ideas, any pointers?

	Thanks AHA
--
NetBSD: If you happen to have any problem with your uptime.