Subject: Forwarding: IrDA
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Ball <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/17/2007 02:37:43
Hello,

Tinman was mostly able to access the Internet via the SLIP
connection to Almond, which was running NAT.  It didn't work
with pkgsrc, perhaps due to a problem with ftp. I eventually
resorted to draping a cat5e cable across the room.

Ideally I would like to find a supported 802.11g or 802.11b
wireless network card, so that tinman can bypass all of the
wired LAN and talk directly to the wireless router.

As an experiment, I may try connecting tinman to almond over
IrDA.  This is partly to do away with the cable, but is
mostly because I would like to know how to do it.  I suspect
that SLIP or PPP could work over IrCOMM.  Does NetBSD also
support IP over something like IrLAN?  Is it practical to
bridge between IrDA and 10baseT?

- Andy Ball