Subject: Re: pf, ipf, upnp, and xbox 360
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/14/2007 19:03:10
On 1/14/07, matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone successfully setup a working ruleset for the xbox 360 using
> netbsd?  xbox live stuff works, but peer-to-peer games just timeout.
>
> Right now I'm using a really simply pf-nat and all of the tips I found
> for opening ports don't work.  I saw libupnp (xbox 360 wants to use
> upnp) in pkgsrc, but I'm not really sure that's going to help unless
> ipf or pf will link against/use it?
>
> Any tips are appreciated-
> _Matt

I just got this to work sticking with my NetBSD/sparc64 + pf setup
using the miniUPnP daemon available here:
http://miniupnp.free.fr/

I had to comment out the ipx stuff, but the compile went fine without it:
/*#include <netipx/ipx.h>*/
in:
openbsd/getifstats.c

Let me know if anyone else is using this.  There were a few warnings
during the compile that didn't look that great, I'm not sure about the
listen configs actually working, but I'll take a functional product
any day of the week.  :)