Subject: Re: Forwarding?
To: None <>
From: Andrew Ball <>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/09/2007 05:31:51
Hello Mouse,

   dM> Either is not on-subnet for almond's
     > Ethernet, and the address tinman resolves to isn't on
     > -subnet either, or someone has broken proxy arp in
     > the version you have.
     > Your initial email shows almond has having
     > on its Ethernet, with no subnet mask
     > specified and thus probably a /24, and tinman at
     > (not .3.129).

That's my fault.  When I first set up the link, my hope was
to have the link between tinman and almond as part of the
same subnet (192.168.0.n/24) as the 10baseT LAN that almond
connects to.  To make SLIP work, I eventually moved to

Mihai Chelaru has very kindly provided an ipnat setup that
enables tinman to access the Internet via almond. I have yet
to invest the time needed to wrap my head around how this
works. I may set up another machine with SLIP using the same
subnet as the LAN so that I can have another go at proxy-arp
without breaking tinman's current configuration.

- Andy Ball