Subject: problems with nmbcluster (?)
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: None <6bone@6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/07/2007 17:44:48
hello,

I have some problems with the network. I have to restart my server
continuously, because after some days the server loses all connection to
the network. You cannot establish any connections or do any pings. You can
only restart the server. After the restart everything works fine for some
days.....

I have tested some kernels (3.0, 3.1, current....) but always the same
effect occurs. On the server runs no special service. Only apache2 and
postgresql from the pkgsrc. I don't know why the problem only occurs at my
system. It is a dual i386/PIII with enabled IPv6 and an intel nic.

I cannot give you more special hints. Only one output from 'netstat -mss'
after the connection was lost:

1441 mbufs in use:
          1150 mbufs allocated to data
          291 mbufs allocated to packet headers
132521 calls to protocol drain routines

Can anyone give me a hint for a possible solution or workaround? The
continuous restarts are not longer possible. I have already exchanged the
complete hard- and software.

thank you for your efforts
Uwe