Subject: Forwarding?
To: None <>
From: Andrew Ball <>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/05/2007 10:14:24

I'm preparing to move up to a NetBSD 3.1 machine.  As a
temporary measure, I have connected the new machine to my
existing one via a serial cable and (with help! :-) built
a SLIP connection between them...

,--------------,         ,--------------,
| tinman       |         | almond       |
| ~~~~~~       |         | ~~~~~~       |
||--rs232--| |
|              |         ||--10baseT--> to NAT
`--------------'         `--------------'            gateway existing machine, almond, has a 10baseT card and
is connected to the Internet via a (non-NetBSD) NAT gateway.

What is the cleanest, simplest way to let tinman share
almond's Internet connectivity? I would like to fetch pkgsrc
and start building a comfortable place to live.  I looked in
the NetBSD Guide, but it seemed to point towards NAT on
almond, which feels like overkill.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

  - Andy Ball