Subject: Re: cellphone modem troubles
To: Matthias Ferdinand <>
From: Bill Studenmund <>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/02/2007 17:56:38

On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 09:36:46PM +0100, Matthias Ferdinand wrote:
> --On Mittwoch, Dezember 27, 2006 11:19:27 +0100 Ignatios Souvatzis=20
> <> wrote:
> >Sorry - this is the first time I suspect you're using a wrong kernel.
> >(You mentioned GENERIC in your first message).
> >
> >What's the difference between GENERIC and your GENERIC?
> Ah, I tried to save compilation time for netbsd-4 (for which I could not=
> find a binary version) by using a stripped down config I had been using=
> before with 3.0, and then config claimed syntax errors after updating the=
> /usr/src/sys tree to netbsd-4.

Yes, config changes as the kernel source changes.

One solution would be go grab the current (or 4.0 as desired) tree, and=20
have build your kernel. See the kernel=3DFOO directive.

The advantage is that will also build up-to-date tools. Tools=20
configured to run on your running OS level.

Yes, it does mean a lot of source...

Take care,

Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (NetBSD)