Subject: Re: dhclient and backgrounding
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@aydogan.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/25/2006 11:46:39
I just wanted to pick up this subject again, because it doesn't seem
to work. (at least for me.)
retry and reboot options in etc/dhclient.conf seems to be ignored.

Meanwhile I found out that FreeBSD switched from ISC dhclient to
OpenBSD's dhclient implementation since 6.0. Anybody know why ?

Anyway, I just wanted to express that the current state of dhclient is
unsatisfying.
There seems to be no way to obtain an IP Adress, after you missed the
initial dhclient discover process. :/
Grrr.....