Subject: Re: IFQ_MAXLEN: How large can it be?
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/16/2006 15:26:26
On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 02:49:24PM +0100, Christoph Kaegi wrote:
> [...]
> I always wondered, if the system is able to handle the
> 10'000 to 20'000 interrupts it sometimes gets.
> (according to sysstat vm 1)

This shouldn't be an issue. I have less powerfull systems that gets that
much interruts.

> Sometimes it even gets more than that.
>
> Can I somehow measure if interrupts get lost?

You can't really "loose" interrupts; the interrupt in keep pending until
it's serviced. If another comes in while it's pending, the interrupt routine
will just do all the work at once when it's called.

Did you enable ip4, tcp4 and udp4 checksums on your wm adapters ? This
can help a lot.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>