Subject: Re: dumping options TCP_COMPAT_42
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.ltu.se>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/14/2006 14:12:24
Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> I'll put this another way:
>
> I think it would be very hard to find someone who can claim that
> they've actually needed to turn on TCP_COMPAT_42 since NetBSD
> started. I don't count turning on the option out of curiosity or for
> debugging -- I mean someone who needed to turn it on out of a need to
> communicate with box running a 4.2 stack.

I actually had to turn it on a year ago to be able to do a backup from a
really
old machine I have running, the problem revealed itself when large
amounts of
data were transferred, TCP_COMPAT_42 solved the problem.

I don't know if it's a common situation though, but it was nice to be
able to
get it working :-)

(There are actually some machines that uses XNS also :-)

-- Ragge