Subject: COMPAT_42 (was Re: dumping options TCP_COMPAT_42)
To: Perry E.Metzger <>
From: Rui Paulo <>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/13/2006 01:01:45
On Nov 10, 2006, at 11:18 PM, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> I'd like to yank the support for TCP_COMPAT_42 out of our tree -- I
> doubt that there is any legitimate user of the option any
> longer. 4.2BSD was more than 20 years ago at this point.
> Absent any groundswell of supporters for TCP_COMPAT_42 I'll be
> removing it from the tree in a couple of days.

On a side note, I'm going to remove COMPAT_42 (note, not
TCP_COMPAT_42) code if no one objects. It's not on our kernel config
files, it's not on options(4).

I've checked 386BSD source and they don't even add COMPAT_42 to the
GENERICISA config file, so this is dead code for more than a decade.

Rui Paulo