Subject: Re: dstumbler on NetBSD 3.0.1
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/31/2006 18:27:43
--QKpLca3blcvhMJ0W

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 08:21:26AM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> I've had problems with core dumps from kismet -- has anyone else seen
> that problem?  (I have not figured out what triggers them.)

i don't recall Kismet ever dumping core on me but (e.g., several hours
long) frequent channel hopping seem to trigger crashes in iwi(4)
firmware from time to time, sometimes even resulting in hw lockups. =20
not really Kismet's fault, though.  i haven't tried with ath(4), yet.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --

--QKpLca3blcvhMJ0W