Subject: Re: Shisha Mobile IPv6 for NetBSD?
To: matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com>
From: Tsuyoshi MOMOSE <t-momose@kame.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/24/2006 12:54:43
Hi,

On 2006/10/23, at 22:50, matthew sporleder wrote:

> (top-posting to keep things in order)
> I'm glad to see that KAME is still going!  I was just wondering if
> KAME had kept up with ipsec-tools, and other current netbsd ipsec/ipv6
> development?

Though the cvs repositories are available and making weekly snapshot
is running even now, the KAME project was officially concluded.
Basically, the code is no longer improved. Some subsidiary projects
of KAME such as SHISA use the cvs repository for their development,
however it doesn't mean KAME project is going.

So, the current IPsec/IPv6 code wouldn't be developed any more as
KAME project.
# some internal experimental code might be implemented sometimes.
Maintenance of IKEv1 daemon, racoon is transferred to ipsec-tools few
years ago, and the original developers of racoon has started of
development a new key exchange system called racoon2.

Regards,

---
Tsuyoshi MOMOSE
t-momose@kame.net / momose@momose.org