Subject: Re: Appropriate byte counting, revisited.
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/16/2006 00:42:53
YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
>> 2) this is not a technical decision for core.
>
> who can make this kind of decisions, then?

Come on, YAMAMOTO-San, let's be rational here. It's just a variable
name. It doesn't *really* matter what it's called, as long as it comes
along with (a) descriptive paragraph(s) in the man-page(s) and a good
sysctl description.

Let's not drag core into minor issues like that. I think most of us
wouldn't care and/or would rather the developer doing the work to
make the choice (unless it's a really bad one, but this hasn't been
proven in this case -- it seems like a matter of personal taste).

Can we move on, please? :)

-e.

--
Elad Efrat