Subject: Re: Use of sun_len in AF_UNIX socket addresses
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/12/2006 00:05:48
On Wed Oct 11 2006 at 22:45:39 +0200, Christian Biere wrote:
> > Yes, see "games".  Would we then obfuscate the kernel for the new name
> > or obfuscate the headers to have two definitions?
>
> I wouldn't call that a "game" nor obfuscated. There are already many
> "#ifdef _KERNEL" in the header and I don't see anything wrong with that
> except maybe that it would be cleaner to move all such stuff into
> /usr/include/kernel/ whenever possible.

Yes, but they aren't *inside* a structure, but rather choose not to
pollute the userspace with nameload for stuff that it can't use anyway.

I could find only one _KERNEL in a struct with a quick glance (sys/buf.h),
and amusing as it is, looks like a very nice place for an unexpected
bug some day.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/