Subject: Re: Refactoring Congestion Control (take 2)
To: None <rpaulo@fnop.net>
From: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/09/2006 17:34:00
> Sorry but I guess I managed to misread the functions in question.
>
> So, resuming the discussion:
> 1) Wouldn't we be breaking the standard, and maybe, adding more
> processing in the case of  SEQ_GT th->th_ack, tp->snd_max ?

SEQ_GT(th->th_ack, tp->snd_max) mean broken peer or such, doesn't it?
is it stated in a standard?  i couldn't find it.

> 2) I think it's safer to stop/restart the retransmit timers before
> moving on to the adjusting the congestion window.

i don't think it makes differences as we are at splsoftnet,
which blocks timers.

> 3) This is probably a matter of taste, but I prefer it this way.
> Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it doesn't involve any performance
> drawback this way.
>
> What do you think?

i don't have a strong preference, so if you prefer it for some reason,
i have no trouble with it.

after all, my main concern was about names of callbacks, rather than
number of callbacks. :)  i'd suggest:
	"cwnd_inflation" -> "fast_retransmit_newack"
	"new_data_acked" -> "newack"

YAMAMOTO Takashi