Subject: Re: Refactoring Congestion Control
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/17/2006 22:46:55
On Sep 17, 2006, at 10:34 PM, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Sep 2006, Rui Paulo wrote:
>>> Where is the documentation or at least a design document?
>> There's no need for such thing.
>
> Serious, can you describe what the code does?

Ok. The code is the heart of the congestion control in our TCP stack.
I'm moving stuff around and creating a new "class" a-la objective
programming (in this case a struct with three function pointers).
This way we can separate the congestion control algorithms we have in
our source tree.
Basically with this we should be able to remove the checks for if
(tcp_newreno) or if (tcp_westwood), etc.
Note that I'm not adding new code, hence the subject "refactoring".

	-- Rui Paulo