Subject: Re: rfc: gre over udp [patch]
To: None <>
From: David Young <>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/26/2006 02:38:11
On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 02:18:04AM -0500, David Young wrote:
> I need to tunnel packets through NAT routers to a tunnel concentrator at
> my office.  To that end, I am extending gre(4) to put tunnel packets into
> UDP datagrams.  I have attached a patch that contains my work in progress.
> I request your feedback.

I should have mentioned that is all Matt Thomas's fault that I extended
gre(4) instead of duplicating a bunch of gre functionality by writing
a ipudp interface from scratch.  With his insidious advice, Matt helped
me conserve my copious and eeeevil free time and avoid kernel bloat.

I will take blame for the code.

David Young             OJC Technologies      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933