Subject: Re: EtherIP fix for 4.0_BETA
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Hans Rosenfeld <rosenfeld@grumpf.hope-2000.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/19/2006 00:23:29
On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 08:03:57PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 06:40:05PM +0200, Hans Rosenfeld wrote:
> > +	/*
> > +	 * Reset broadcast/multicast flag. This has already been done by
> > +	 * gif_output, but a test showed that these were set again
> > +	 * somewhere.
> > +	 */
> > +	m->m_flags &= ~(M_BCAST|M_MCAST);
> > +
>
> Can you please file a PR about this problem? We should at least find
> out where and why this happens.

I just looked at the code again and I wonder why I didn't see this
before.

The reason why those flags are still set is just that gif_output() is
never called for packets coming from a bridge, the bridge puts the
packets directly into the output queue of the interface.

Instead of putting that workaround in in_gif_output(), I think the right
thing to do would be to move the reset of those flags from gif_output()
to gifintr(). I will test this tomorrow.

Hans

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown