Subject: Re: telnetd work around for Windows TELNET?
To: Stephen Jones <smj@cirr.com>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/15/2006 16:53:30
On Aug 15,  1:22pm, smj@cirr.com (Stephen Jones) wrote:
-- Subject: Re: telnetd <CR><LF> work around for Windows TELNET?

| Christos -
|
| You quoted my entire email ;-), but you didn't read in it or the
| initial one
| that I've already tried using -k and -l.  Apparently neither of them
| make a difference for w2k/xp users.  However, I'm not certain that
| LINEMODE
| is an enabled feature in the telnetd distribution.

CPPFLAGS+=-DLINEMODE -DKLUDGELINEMODE -DDIAGNOSTICS
CPPFLAGS+=-DOLD_ENVIRON -DENV_HACK -DSECURELOGIN -DSUPPORT_UTMP -DSUPPORT_UTMPX

Yes, it is enabled. I am wondering what is the linux telnetd doing, or if there
is a way to dump the telnet protocol negotiation phase to see if the linux
telnetd is doing something different. I looked also on ftp.cray.com, and
there is no newer distribution since 1999.

christos