Subject: Re: misc/33793: network stop & start breaks IPv6
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Thomas E. Spanjaard <tgen@netphreax.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/22/2006 17:53:08
--------------enigDCE5BA6BC8618647749D12E3

David Young wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 04:05:42PM +0000, Thomas E. Spanjaard wrote:
> [...]
> The problem is that the kernel does not add back an interface's link-local
> IPv6 address, if it is missing, on a !IFF_UP->IFF_UP transition.
> I believe that by addressing this last problem, the bug will be fixed.

Thanks for clearing things up for me. Also, thank Pavel for finding the
duplicate PR. It seems from your PR that a patch has been made; is there
any reason it hasn't been added to CVS yet? Or should this thing be
handled in the kernel, that any interface is assigned fitting link-local
addresses when flagged IFF_UP?

Cheers,
--
         Thomas E. Spanjaard