Subject: Re: OpenVPN
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/11/2006 11:35:52
>> MSG_NOSIGNAL
>> 	Requests not to send SIGPIPE on errors on stream oriented sockets
>> 	when the other end breaks the connection. The EPIPE error is
>> 	still returned.
> So why not set the signal handler for SIGPIPE instead and be a lot
> more portable?

I don't know - I didn't do it, and I haven't looked at the code - but
it strikes me as at least plausible that the code may want SIGPIPE for
some connections and not for others, or even for some sends and not
others on the same connection.  Imposing identical behaviour for all of
a process's connections is a botch, and the only thing it has going for
it in my opinion is historical precedent.

Not *everything* Linux does is a bad idea. :-)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign