Subject: SoC: wireless stumbler
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: pancake <pancake@phreaker.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/07/2006 07:35:57
Uhm Sorry if it's too late to submit a proposal for the Summer
of Code for NetBSD.

I would like to write a network stumbler for NetBSD.

I'm the developer and maintainer of wistumbler2 and I think
wistumbler must drop it's monilitic architecture to use
a client-server architecture. So it needs some rewrite.

I have write a minor libiw wrapper to BSD wireless infrastructure
to allow wistumbler2 run on *BSD and Linux kernels.

My proposal consists on write a wireless network stumbler for
the netbsd base system in ncurses with WEP, WPA and dchcp
support. The idea is to allow store a list of prefered profiles
for some APs like most wireless selectors (maemo, macosx, ...).

The applications could be easily ported to other BSDs or Linux.

--pancake