Subject: Re: How to use properly ipv6 autoconf over a router interface?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Thomas E. Spanjaard <tgen@netphreax.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/04/2006 22:06:16
--------------enig92636019DEBF8CD5EADB7851

Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Thu, 4 May 2006, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>> RSIP is a form of NAT.  It's cleaner and better than traditional NAT, but
>> it is NAT-like.  Also note that the protocols are experimental, not
>> standards track.  I don't think anyone has tried to use them with v6.
> Indeed, the IESG note at the top of RFC 3102 looks scary enough not to
> go too near

As I said before, why not just layer2 bridge and have the cellphone and
wireless fridge sollicitate the real router? If I'm not mistaken this is
how Windows XP likes to work as well (at least as far as
ethernet+firewire interfaces are concerned, I think it bridges them
automatically when configuring a network using the wizard).

Cheers,
--
         Thomas E. Spanjaard
         tgen@netphreax.net