Subject: Re: How to use properly ipv6 autoconf over a router interface?
To: Konstantin KABASSANOV <>
From: Adrian Portelli <>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/30/2006 23:10:57
Konstantin KABASSANOV wrote:
> So my question is if auto-configuration is incompatible with ip6.forwarding
> or if there is a better way to set up this...

"Due to restrictions in the IPv6 specification, it is not possible to
autoconfigure routers. Do not attempt to tweak the configuration. You
will end up having unexpected behavior as a result."

I also think I've heard that somewhere before maybe in an RFC or a man
page . . . I can't exactly remember where right now.

I haven't tried what you're attempting to do (all my IPv6 routers have
manually configured IPv6 addresses) so I'm not saying it can't be done :)