Subject: Re: low-cost Gigabit card recommendations?
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: Brad <brad@comstyle.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/25/2006 18:17:52
On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 02:37:43AM -0500, David Young wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 12:06:25AM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> > In general, avoid re(4) like the plague.  They _are_ cheap, though, and
> > they'll work in a pinch.  sk(4) seems to work pretty well for me, and
>
> What is wrong with re(4)?
>
> Dave
>
> --
> David Young             OJC Technologies
> dyoung@ojctech.com      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933

Realtek still defines the lowest of the low end Gigabit chipsets. There
are a few other vendors in that space that you are better off using,
like National (gsip) and VIA (vge). The low end Intel stuff is not
expensive either, I don't know part numbers but there is a PRO/1000GT
or something like that that is a 32-bit card and works fine..