Subject: (Somewhat OT) Re: INET6 in GENERIC
To: Thomas E. Spanjaard <tgen@netphreax.net>
From: J. Scott Kasten <jscottkasten@yahoo.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/20/2006 15:26:19
Guys,

I'm just curious, how stable has IPv6 been for your XP boxes?

Myself, I love v6 and have been running it internally on everything for
some time.  The one box that is spotty with it is an SGI Irix machine.
At release 6.5.23, it still has some rough edges.

On the other hand, I've worked for a few networking companies over the
years, and it just is not on corporate radars yet.  No one want's to spend
scarce development dollars to make networked products v6
compatible/capable.  I've fought the good fight many times, but it's an
uphill battle with a chicken and egg problem.  Executives won't fund v5
until it's more pervasice in the market, but that won't happen unless.....

Regards,

-Scott-