Subject: Re: Changing the PHY status reporting
To: Brad <brad@comstyle.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/18/2006 19:13:10
On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 06:44:54PM -0500, Brad wrote:

> It has nothing to do with a political statement. OpenBSD would use its own
> protocol number if IANA was willing to allocate a number for the protocol.

Yeah, right, hijacking someone else's protocol number is just a peachy
keen thing to do.  Shame a number of the people behind it made very, very
public statements that contradict the party line you give above.

If any code that hijacks IANA-allocated protocol numbers is committed to
our tree, I will personally back it out unless told not to do so by core.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart