Subject: Re: Network problems; no name lookups, no real connection?
To: None <tech-net@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/02/2006 09:59:48
>> Some "high speed Internet" setups don't work for more than one
>> machine at a time.
> This should not be the problem, afaik.  It has worked before (I
> should have mentioned this in my first post), and I have heard
> nothing about them changing their EULA to the opposite.

Ah, then that's probably not it.

I don't have any next guess.  I'd have to start tcpdumping and whatnot
to figure it out.  It's not what someone else guessed about broken DNS,
because (a) you specified -n when testing with ping (or at least you
said you did :) and (b) ping printed the "PING xxx (xxx): 56 data
bytes" line, and if DNS wedging were causing the problem that line
wouldn't appear.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign